BI Architect / Developer
- Location: Home/London
- Salary: Competitive
- Type: IT
- Start Date: March 20 2023
- Ref Number: 1005202101
- Lead the design and architecture of the BI environment, maintaining such and supporting the broader data and analytics strategy.
- Working with various stakeholders and team members to define and develop robust data models, whilst capturing user requirements.
- Design build and test PowerBI solutions and record assumptions and logic to help ensure the reports are clear and useful
- Work with the business to ensure that reporting is of value and help with the change management required to help colleagues adopt and use data in their roles
- Creating and executing queries upon request.
- Maintaining and supporting data analytics.
- Creating tools to store data (e.g. Data warehouse - OLTP/OLAP cubes).
- Writing and updating technical documentation.
- Completion of ad hoc projects as required.
- Comply with relevant legal, regulatory and Ed compliance requirements, Errors and Omissions (E&O) compliance procedures and quality initiatives.
- Escalate any potential E&O's to Divisional Directors and the Legal & Compliance team at the earliest opportunity.
- The ability to translate technical information to high level business language.
- Strong MS SQL/Azure experience creating cubes, stored procedures, queries, indexes and performance tuning.
- Experience of implementing the ETL processes using the Data Integration Tools SSIS, Azure Data Factory (ADF)
- Practical experience of Azure Analysis Services (Tabular)
- Experience of working in a business intelligence role creating dashboards and reports using PowerBI, DAX, SSRS.
- Experience of consuming API’s (REST/XML/SOAP/JSON).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive problem-solving mind-set.
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience
- Experience of coding in C#/JAVA.
- DevOps skillset (MS/AWS/Azure).
- Previous experience of Wholesale Insurance Broking.
- Experience of Lloyds market systems.