Finance Master Data Governance Manager
- Location: Leeds
- Salary: Competitive
- Type: Permanent, full-time
- Start Date: September 28 2020
- Ref Number: 2005201901
The Finance Function at Capita has 1,100 FTE (Full Time Equivalents) globally spread across the UK, Europe, South Africa, Poland and India. The Function is undergoing a multi-year transformation of its current operating model as well as technology (deployment of SAP S4 Hana, BPC and Ariba within Finance and Procurement). As part of this transformation, a new capability and team for Master Data Governance is required. This team will form part of global organisational construct called Finance Operations which will operate Centres of Excellence and Shared Services for Finance. Capita are now looking to recruit an individual who will head this capability and team with members in the UK and India.
The Finance MDG manager will have the overall responsibility for the delivery of services (required quality, timelines and cost) and management of a Corporate or External Data Management team. The role will be working with Divisional Finance teams (across 6 Divisions), Group Finance and other teams within Finance Operations to deliver significant improvement in the management of data quality through cleanse, enrichment and quality monitoring.
What you will do:
- Maintain master data integrity across all Corporate or External Data systems and processes deployed across finance by developing and implementing data change processes and controls, developing data input guidance, and by identifying and addressing data quality issues.
- Manage a team of MDG analysts to apply master data changes in line with governance, standards and policies within the Corporate or External Data Domain
- Act as the Data Steward for Finance (Corporate or External) data and formulate and implement a data improvement and governance plan providing guidance and direction to all users of data.
- Engage with the wider data governance community to iron out cross functional issues and dependencies. Ultimately driving a data culture across Capita
- Support and/or lead data projects to improve the quality of our data, the structure of our data and analysis of data to understand the overall performance indicators of the MDM capability
- Ensure service levels and targets are consistent with cost, quality and timeliness, and that service is delivered in accordance with agreed SLAs
- Establish goals and KPIs for the MDM analysts and evaluate the team’s performance throughout the year
- Ensure that master data governance and practice is embedded across the given domain
- Advocate for continual improvement within end to end processes, focused on data quality
- Maintain data accuracy/ quality/ cleanliness within systems by supporting Data Quality Managers with periodic audits and data integrity checks (including data redundancy)
- Manage day to day decisions about system specific master data objects and the application of business rules, policy and strategy.
- Work with technical support to report and resolve any program related errors with the Master Data processes
Your skills will include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a relevant field
- Experience with SAP Master Data Governance and Information Steward (preferred), Informatica, IBM Infosphere or other MDM software
- Experience in Configuration rule-based Workflow.
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills that enable effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and managing multiple stakeholders at multiple facilities
- Strong understanding of data management best practices in areas such as metadata management, data quality management, root cause analysis, process design and master and reference data management
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to understand business needs
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Fluent English both spoken and written
- Previous experience in working with SAP Data Management Tools like Data Services, Cockpit, MDG, HANA EIM
- Finance (Corporate and External) Master data experience
- Offshore Management