Graduate Software Developer
- Location: Milton Keynes
- Salary: £25,000
- Type: Permanent
- Start Date: June 12 2023
- Ref Number: 29091601
Accountabilities of the Graduate Software Developer:
- Delivery of software solutions that meet client & company expectations. Demonstration of adding value to either clients or company’s business.
- Utilisation as defined by chargeable hours on both client and firm sponsored projects.
- Accountable for the timely delivery of software in accordance with specified quality standards.
- Adherence to required technical standards on a project-by-project basis.
- Responsible that software created matches provided specifications.
Key competences of the Graduate Software Developer:
- Pro-actively develop relationships with clients that result in high levels of client satisfaction or add-on work.
- Demonstration of creativity in solutions that reflect either the company’s “can do” philosophy.
- The ability to write clear concise code conforming to their development methodology and best practice.
- Development and distribution of experience and knowledge which leads to a measurable impact on building/service delivery across the company e.g. contributing to knowledge sharing/best practice, presenting at internal/external meetings, contributing to product marketing, participating and delivering training to build knowledge for self and others.
- Demonstrable problem solving skills.
- The ability to adequately manage own time and report issues quickly that will affect the ability to deliver within a particular timescale.
- The ability to estimate the time a task will take accurately.
Knowledge required of the Graduate Software Developer:
- Reasonable knowledge of 1 language from: Visual Basic.Net, Java, C++,C#, VB.NET
- Experience of projects & developments using web technologies e.g SQL, ORACLE, MYSQL, XML, XSLT
- Educated to Degree Level in Computer Science or Mathematics with Computing