New Year, New Job?
We find that after new year is one of our busiest times of year, particularly when it comes to candidates approaching us. There are a few reasons why January if often a good time for candidates and hiring managers alike.
- Many people use the festive period to reflect upon their current position and consider their happiness and engagement. New Year is often seen as a break from old habits and so those who are currently unfulfilled in their current roles will consider seeing what is out there.
- But is January a good time to be looking for a new job? Well, it is not only candidates who want to make changes too. Ambitious companies will likely be looking at the upcoming year as one in which to grow, and growth means new hires. New annual budgets have likely been set and there is a good chance some of that budget will be going towards onboarding new employees.
- Employers also know that January is when a glut of candidates will be hitting the market. This encourages them to start looking as the talent pool is that much wider, giving them a greater choice.
- The festive period is a great time to think about exactly where you want to go in your career. A (usually) quite long break with minimal interruptions gives you the perfect opportunity to reflect upon your skills and passions so that you can head into your job hunt with clarity on exactly what it is you want.
- Once you have decided upon where your career is heading next another good use of your time is to tailor your CV to reflect this choice. If you have specific roles in mind make sure to tailor your CV accordingly to each one and tick all of the boxes that have been asked for in the job specification.
If you are an experienced candidate looking for a new role, a graduate looking for a step on the first rung of the career ladder or a company looking to bring in high quality candidates then we can help. Barclay Search are a leading provider of IT graduate recruitment services, as well as recruiting of other specialist IT and Operational roles. Give us a call on 020 3772 6729 to speak to one of our friendly team today.Back to Knowledge Centre